Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cool Dog Site: Planetdog.com


I'm a crazy dog person, but I don't hold any illusions about the fact that Dr. J is, in fact, a dog. I do not dress him in a shirt and tie every day (although he has been known to wear a Halloween costume on occasion.) I have not spent $1000 on a dog bed that looks like a cruise ship. That doesn't mean that I don't like to pamper him.

The people at Planet Dog are crazy dog people too, but not weird crazy dog people. Dog-centric stores tend to cater to either breeders, who see nothing wrong with keeping their dog in an outdoor run year round, or the Paris Hiltons of the world, who believe that their pet is an accessory. Planet Dog, however, just has cool, useful dog stuff.

They even have a Chew-O-Meter, which rates the durability of each toy from 1 to 5, which for super-chewers like Dr. J is essential. Looking through their site, you can tell that they are dog people. And their customer service can't be beat. Last year I ordered golf-ball chew toys to give as gifts and they were rather oddly shaped when they arrived. When I contacted the company, they immediately sent out new, defect free replacements!

Suggested item: Orbee-Tuff® Bulb with Treat Spot™ for $9.95 comes in three different colors and would make an awesome Christmas gift.

No comments: